View Single Post

BoboHut
01.26.2013 , 08:08 PM | #1
I've been playing a madness sorc ever since they made that big nerf to the hybrid build I use to love and I got bored today so I started playing around with a few parsers. Since I had the parsers going, I figured I'd try to get an answer to a question I've had for a long time about force suffusion. I'm sure this has been answered before but I just never happened to find it so I guess better late then never.

Anyways, Force Suffusion says it increases the increases the damage and healing of area effect abilities by 10%. What I always wondered was if I could get an extra 10% from Death Field if I could find a way to reach it and also maintain a decent dps. After reviewing a few parses, I found it does give an increase to Death Field's damage.

After playing around with a few builds, I came up with something that actually appears to give me an increase in dps of about 25 or so.

I went with this build: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201hMbZdZcMfRsbkrfz.2

My previous build was 3/7/31, where I had 2 points in Exsanguinate and 3 points in Convection. I dropped those because I think that the extra 6 seconds of Affliction can be countered by just casting it more often and I believe based on the parses I was getting that the 10% increase to Death Field is more dps than the 6% from CD. What I also saw from this is I now have more points to help with my force and a 2% increase to all healing done.

As much as I would like this to possibly be a better madness spec for me, I know I am not very experienced with testing this kind of thing. I know there are many areas of this where I could have messes up, which is why I'm bringing this to the forums. If there is info out there that can either show its viable or how messed up I'm am thinking it might work, please share so I can get this behind me. Thanks