View Single Post

Hardwear
01.26.2013 , 04:29 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Think about what you didn't like about the film though. Abrams is not responsible for poor story. Did you like the cinematography? If yes, then great. If no then you have something to complain about.

This is what people seem to be forgetting. The director isn't responsible for the production of the entire film. The writer and the producer play a omassive role too. And Abrams is neither f those. And even if he was in charge of the entire Star Trek movie. It doesn't matter. He's only directing Star Wars - so his directing skills are all we need to worry about.

Think on that. Please.

(Oh and I think you mean Star Wars 7, not Star 'Trek'. Unless your making a subtle dig there. )
I agree and I think the reason may be that some people are associating this "total control" director idea with George Lucas.

George Lucas is one of a kind he had total contol over the Star Wars films before he sold it to Disney this is partly why Hollywood hated him.
No production company execs to tell him what to do or even have a say in what he did good or bad.

He wrote the stories, produced, directed and had the final say on everthing even on the films he didn't direct, because he owned the rights to the films.

This will not be the case with Abrams or any other director.
Squadron: 1020 367