View Single Post

NoFishing
01.24.2013 , 11:10 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by abokado View Post
I was wondering what is acceptable if I'm after gear for my offspec. I'm playing a juggernaut and just recently decided to do some tanking (so I don't have to wait ages for queues to pop) and since I only have DPS gear right now I would very much like to need on the warrior columi pieces, but since everyone can see that my current gear is above Columi this would probably seem like a dick move. I should just probably ask, but I'm already making a bad impression because I have no headset and didn't know the operation or something.
Just ask before hand: "Can I need for tank-spec? I'll trade to any that need for main spec". Obviously the way I phrased that, if there is a lesser-geared DPS or tank warrior in the group, they will also be rolling need, and I'd expect you to trade your drops to them if you win them.

Or get yourself a tionese/columi shield for your offhand, and just go as a tank.

Quote: Originally Posted by abokado View Post
And I was wondering, what is the etiquette for needing on non-gear? I'm talking about speeder and crafting mats and the likes. I always pick greed if it's something I can use or want, but yesterday some guy in tionese kept on needing on the nice speeder and some crafting mats. Nobody else in the group said something about that, so I'm not sure. Though I put him on ignore after that. Maybe no one looked who picked what? Since there are a lot of people greeding and the chat window gets long and everything and almost no one there really needed the gear that dropped.
I say if you want a speeder to use, roll need. The exception is the Tirsa Elite, which vendors for 150k, so everybody rolls need on that all the time. For mats it depends on the group, so ask beforehand. Also, the only mats most people care about these days are molecular stabilizers, so if it wasn't that, I doubt anyone else would have noticed or cared. Most groups running ops for these use master looter and distribute after. In our runs, all mats are greed rolls, and this is announced at the start. If a PuG rolls need on mats, they are instantly booted from the group, no questions, no discussion.