View Single Post

Thylbanus
01.22.2013 , 11:12 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Sith_Kingpin View Post
I'm not saying I don't like the show because I do. It's just, they've done a few things in which make me raise my eyebrows. For example, in the movies, Anakin was a hot-headed, whiny brat who was bordering on selfish. In the CW cartoon, they changed his character completely and make him a respectful master to Ahsoka, as he chastises her a lot for things he'd have done in the movies without a second thought.
Not really. How many relationship consulars are single or have multiple divorces. Sometimes people can give great advice, yet be unable to follow it themselves. The series takes place in between Ep. 2 and 3, and I don't see any inconsistencies with Anakin. In the show he still demonstrates his hot-headedness and seems to reign in this (sometimes) around Asoka. Sometimes being a teacher is the best learning experience one ever has.

Quote:
Also, the clones bug me because I can't buy into their emotions and individuality since we know the murderous animals they become. Does anyone here think someone like Rex or Cody would willingly murder Jedi with a single order from the Chancellor? I don't believe it at all, as we're shown in the CW, they respect the Jedi and look up to them on the battlefield. Their unique personalities prove they could easily reject Order 66 and not become cold-blooded animals, yet as we're shown in the ROTS, they purge Jedi and even murder younglings at the Jedi Temple!
For one, clones are not "murderous animals." They never are. They are soldiers. They follow orders. Plain and simple. The fact that they have obidience written into them genetically, makes this even more understandable. Not following orders can have disastrous consequences that you may not be able to predict because you don't have all the facts.

To look at in other terms, you are assigned to protect a rising leader. He pulls your country from starvation and chaos and makes an orderly and prosperous society. People have jobs, are fed, have a sence of pride again. Just then, you are given orders to kill him. You have seen no outward signs of any wrong doing. He charming, charismatic, he has been kind to you and your family. He has given you everything you could want as a person and member of society. Well by now, you must realise I'm speaking of Hitler. Without the hindsight of history, would you have followed the order?

Being clones, following orders is hardwired into them. Yes, there are some failures: genetic defects. Traitors are genetic defects. The chancelor is commander and chief. The only real way to disobey would be to have a genetic defect. Liking your orders and following them are two different things.

Quote:
Which brings me to my last point in the rant. The Jedi youngling arc just recently shown in season 5 made me a little uneasy; I know they probably don't grow up to be Padawans as they could very well be murdered by Anakin (now Vader) in the Jedi Temple! It made me a little sad, as we attach ourselves to these characters' emotions, and yet we know what happens in the future and it sort of makes me a little disappointed. I don't know about you, but these are my pet peeves of the show.

If you have anything else I missed, please state your opinions as I like debating these issues with fellow SW geeks lol.
Well we know that is the fate of Asoka as well. Does Vader kill her or does she die, giving us one more piece of the puzzle for the fall of Anakin (foreshadowed by Yoda in the pilot movie)? We will have to follow this storyline to conclusion to find out. Considering that Matt Latner and Ashley Eckstein had a private recording session for the final episode for season 5, suggests the whole of the CW storyarc is going to receive some dramatic shake up. And as usual, Dave Feloni is being coy about it.

So, no I don't see the stark contradictions you do. And by definition, since George is the lead on this, it really can't be wrong.
It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson