View Single Post

SithKoriandr
01.22.2013 , 08:04 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Lavariusstar View Post
I've seen how both sides are and seen how their societies are.The empire seeks to bring order and stability to the galaxy but they rely on brute force and deception and demand that everyone bow down to their rule.The Republic also seeks order and stability but also encourages freedom and diversity among themselves.Each side truly wants to make the galaxy better but they go about it the wrong way and in turn have brought great strife upon the galaxy.I prefer the republic due to my preferences of a democracy and my preferences for the idea of diversity,but I understand and sometimes sympathize for the empire.But I do not enjoy nor tolerate their acts and their tactics,but I should expect nothing less from a society where Sith are supreme and everyone else is subservient
I don't think the Empire wishes to bring order and stability to the galaxy. At least not the upper tier rankings of it, and as the Empire will kill their own command structures for failures, some will kill just because they were looked at wrong or because you're not Human/Sith. And even those who may think something is wrong within the Empire, tend to change their tune when they're given power.

Republic however has their own problems and just because the Republic as a whole is generally good, doesn't mean they all are.

To sum it up:

The Empire = Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

The Republic = With great power comes great responsibility.