View Single Post

QuiDonJorn
01.20.2013 , 12:58 PM | #758
Quote: Originally Posted by ChristianPreachr View Post
It is indeed a memory leak causing the issue. On a 32 bit system, no app can allocate more than 2GB of memory for use. A memory leak is when an app is using memory but not giving back when done, so it takes more. Because this is in direct violation to the laws of the kernel, the game is forced to crash. OS > Application any day! This is why we have moments when we *think* we're about to crash but don't, and also when we actually crash, but don't expect it. The difference on a 64 bit system is that its taking a lot more memory, and not giving it back. Taking into consideration what the OS requires to live, what the machine reserves for use, and playing this game for a solid 2 or 3 hours...I'd venture to say a good 32GB of memory may be needed. Also, the latest nVidia drivers (2013) aren't compatible with the game. You will get an error message. Hopefully a fix is incoming with this expansion...I've never seen a game where I pay a sub get an expansion BEFORE attending to its bugs that admits it hasn't found a fix for yet. Strange.
Indeed.
At this point, I'm really just wondering if I shouldn't just ...unsub, uninstall the game, and move on with my life.
Ya know, like go play LOTRO or something.
I am running Windows XP 32 bit, 3GB ram, Nvidia 9400GT 1GB (with latest driver 310.90.
This game NEVER crashed before patch 1.4, and I cannot just simply run out and buy a better "gaming rig". It now crashes anytime the leak goes over 2.0 GB. It may happen at 2.3 or it may at 2.8.

So what do you think? Should I just move on from this game? (which really sucks for me cause I hate LotRO, or any other Dark Age Fantasy games, and am a SWTOR fan).
It dosent seem to me they will ever fix it.