View Single Post

criminalheretic
01.20.2013 , 12:26 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Mr_Elotes View Post
I might have been a little vague in my post. I have only done 1 flash point, ever and it was pre-50. Also, please correct me if I am wrong, but I thought SM flash points are pre- 50? Or are they "entry" level mode for the flash point at 50? I took HM flash points as being this. And apparently they are also different from operations. Is the only difference the difficulty and number of ppl (4 to 8)? I am truly ignorant when it comes to what is what on flash points. You are correct, most of my toons are either min/max or partially there in e/wh gear. As far as a reason for me doing them? I guess, for me, it is something new that the game has to offer me after a year of playing it.
SM flashpoints are from Black Talon at level 10, all the way up to False Emperor and Battle of Ilum at level 50 etc. I was just saying that the only difference between HM and SM is toughness of bad guys. Sorry I mistakenly assumed you had run the SM FP's as you were leveling.

The difference between FP's and Operations, is yes, 4 man vs 8 man (Or 16). But in general operations tend to be a lot more involved, with much more complicated mechanics for the Boss Fights and of course with much better gear and mat drops (Dulfy.net to see what).

And by all means knock out some HM flashpoints, I was just sharing my opinion that if you are looking for something new other than PvP, operations are a lot more interesting/challenging than FP's. And in WH/EWH, you should be good all the way up to TFB SM, with a competent team around you.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger