View Single Post

Mr_Elotes
01.19.2013 , 09:10 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by criminalheretic View Post
First of all, if you PvP all the time, I'm assuming you have all WH or EWH, which is pretty close to Rakata Gear, when most of the HMFP are meant to be done in Tionese/Columi so even if you're being carried, you should feel pretty light.

My question is, why do you want to do HM FP's? They're pretty much exactly the same as the SM versions, with stronger mobs. So if you're looking for an egaging gaming experience, you're probably not going to find it in HMFP's. Plus at the risk of sounding like an elitist PvPer...they are kinda easy. Anyone saying "must know fights" for anything other than LI or Kaon, probably isn't very good themselves.

My advice is just use the GF. You'll almost always get in there with someone who knows how to skip 85% of the trash. Just tell them up front "never done this before, so I'm following you". Grind out some BH comms/Gear, then run some Operations, which CAN be engaging and challenging.

I might have been a little vague in my post. I have only done 1 flash point, ever and it was pre-50. Also, please correct me if I am wrong, but I thought SM flash points are pre- 50? Or are they "entry" level mode for the flash point at 50? I took HM flash points as being this. And apparently they are also different from operations. Is the only difference the difficulty and number of ppl (4 to 8)? I am truly ignorant when it comes to what is what on flash points. You are correct, most of my toons are either min/max or partially there in e/wh gear. As far as a reason for me doing them? I guess, for me, it is something new that the game has to offer me after a year of playing it.
<ISWHODUNIT>
Snuck'in, R'senole, Snucks, Snuck'out
Unsober PVPer