View Single Post

Beniboybling
01.19.2013 , 11:55 AM | #6
Well what do you want to know about? What period of Star Wars interests you the most? I figure your more into pre-film periods rather than ROTJ and all that, you talk about the origins of the Sith and play SWTOR and that so I'd suggest the following:

The Bane Trilogy - by far the best of Drew Karpyshyn, and definitely one of the best Star Wars novels out there. It basically all about the beginnings of the Rule of Two and the Order of the Sith Lords. Bane was the first Sith to follow the rule of 'one master, one apprentice' and establish the Grand Plan which would eventually culminate with the destruction of the Republic and the Jedi at the hands of Darth Sidious, a descendant of the Banite line. Really exciting stuff, and really interesting if your interested in the origins of the Sith and just like the dark side in general. The first book is called Path of Destruction, then Rule of Two and finally Dynasty of Evil.

Darth Plagueis - many people refer to this as 'Episode 0'. Its not so much action based and more political, but still really interesting, really engaging and most importantly well written. Its all about Darth Sidious' master, Darth Plagueis and Darth Sidious' apprenticeship to him, and it takes you all the way up to the opening events of The Phantom Menace. Excellent read.

Grievous Intrigue - just started this one, not as good as Darth Plagueis (same writer) but still an excellent read. Its all about Anakin and Obi Wan and how they uncover the plot to capture Palpatine and learn of Darth Sidious. Again a nice filler in between the movies.

So far that's all I can suggest. If you want to know more about Darth Vader I'd suggest Dark Lord: Rise of Darth Vader. Also by James Luceno, the other of the two above. However I've heard its not as good and the characters are a little flat. But I'm sure you'll still enjoy it, I can just imagine how interesting the character of Darth Vader will be.