View Single Post

dcgregorya
01.19.2013 , 03:23 AM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
45s cooldown? not sure if serious.

Mercs would be *required* to be within melee range to get the effect of Run and Gun. which means they are coming under attack from at least one, possibly multiple melee opponents. the knock-back effect would only be available to the Arsenal spec which, even with all the changes i suggested, would be a sub-par PvP spec to Pyrotech.

do you not play a merc? while i appreciate your opinion, if you have not played a Merc at high-level end game PvP, you do not really understand what the problems with the class are. its performance against bad pugs is irrelevant; that is not how you balance a game. you balance a game based on the highest level of play, where the balance is actually important and highly visible.

i have to play at an obnoxiously high skill level in order to compete with even bad FOTM players.

and ive said this multiple times: damage output does not suddenly magnify when casted abilities activate instantly. the difference is Merc would actually be able to use those abilities when they are having lightsabers inserted into their rectum.
I'm sorry but there's no way that having all that on a 9 second CD wouldn't be OP. You seem to forget you can also mez people, which by itself gives you free heals. Plus hard stun. No melee in the game would be able to beat a decent merc/commando - ever - under any circumstances. Right now we can beat a melee with proper timing/usage of CC & heals - this would just make it a joke. I think mercs could use *some* love but lets be realistic. Just consider that you could heal 3x back to back with no cooldown...that by itself would be OP...every time you randomly were near someone enough to use that skill.