View Single Post

Aurbere
01.18.2013 , 06:44 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Then there's the time that Greivous barely survived an surprise attack (in his own home..... easily infiltrated) from Kit Fisto, his former Padawan, and a squad of clone troopers. Not only that, but I think they were trying to take Greivous prisoner. Revan won't be trying to take him prisoner.

So that there prooves that you don't even need steal to beat Greivous. Greivous will be confronted by Revan, possibly Malak, and a host of Assassins who can appear and disappear at will. Greivous will go down very easily in such a situation.
Kit Fisto is a master of Shii-Cho (a form that excelled at fighting multiple weapons). It's pretty obvious that Kit would win. And on that topic, IIRC Grievous killed several of the clones... as a torso.

Now when I said that the assassins wouldn't work well, I noted that the guard droids may (MAY) be able to see them. Not only that, but the assassins aren't going to be that great against Grievous. Remember when he beat five Jedi Masters on Hypori (if that is still canon)? The more desperate he gets, the more dangerous he gets.

And no, an assassins can't just walk up behind him and "whack" him. He would have to complete disassemble Grievous and destroy his organs. Which means the assassins is forced into a direct confrontation because he has to remove that protective armoring. He won't be able to do so in stealth as Grievous would notice his body being tampered with.

Revan has to engage Grievous personally, and he would most likely run from a fight he can't win.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus