“No game of dejarik can be won without pawns...”
Round 1: General Grievous vs Darth Revan vs G0-T0
Welcome to the opening round of the ‘Kaggath Tournament’ Semi-Finals (featuring a new tri-battle set-up!) A competition pitting the power bases of the iconic Star Wars characters seen in the ‘Kaggath vs Series’ against each other in an epic tournament-style extravaganza.
For all those of you aren’t aware, the Kaggath is an ancient rite of the Sith, ‘one part duel, one part large-scale dejarik-match’
. All three combatants have full use of their power bases, be it armies, strongholds or fleets, in order to outwit and outmanoeuvre their opponent. The Kaggath is no simple lightsaber duel, although it can come down to one, and the arena can be anywhere: a planet, star system or the entire galaxy.
Before we begin, let’s set out the ground rules for the Semi-Finals.
- The arena: the known galaxy.
- No outside help of any kind, the combatants cannot call upon assets outside their power base, or other prominent powers apart from those listed below.
- No outside involvement, other powers will not and cannot interrupt or affect the battle, for the purpose of argument they are non-existent.
- No surrender, fight to the death!
- No alliances, combatants cannot ally themselves for any period of time with other powers (excluding non-mutual tactical ceasefires)
- Combatants can wait their opponents out, but not if only one remains.
- No superweapons, e.g. the Malevolence, the Star Forge.
- Technology level is universal (unless considered archaic or advanced at the time): blaster fire, armouring, lightsabers etc. are all the same regardless of period, all that matters is size, quantity and power.
- Use your imagination: obviously these powers existed in a different time frame but let’s just pretend.
General Grievous: Asajj Ventress
Darth Revan: Darth Malak
So, the combatants: General Grievous was a brilliant, brutal tactician and exemplary lightsaber duellist, as well as a master escapist and infamous Jedi killer. While Darth Revan was one of the most powerful Dark Lords in galactic history. He was exceptionally strong in the Force and a highly skilled swordsman, as well as a brilliant strategist and tactician. And finally G0-T0 was an epitome of cunning, logic and reason, using his cold and calculating persona and alter ego to achieve unnoticed power and influence on a galactic scale.
As a cyborg general, Grievous had command of the Separatist Droid Armies, the largest droid army ever constructed, as well as an armada of commerce ships converted into deadly battlecruisers. As a Sith Lord Revan commanded a powerful empire of Star Forged battlecruisers and fanatically loyal troopers, dark Jedi and Sith assassins. And masquerading as an Exchange boss G0-T0 controlled his own planetary cell, an invisible yacht and a legion of elite HK-50 assassin droids and mercenary clans. All three combatants possess radically different power bases. But whose is better? Who will win?
Let the Kaggath begin!