View Single Post

SithKoriandr
01.18.2013 , 04:36 AM | #5427
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
Hm....no. You lack a certain degree of tact in your communication. Also you make broad assumptions. It wasn't a debate. I guess this is similar to a woman getting angry at man when she starts venting about a problem and the guy just responds with "Tch, just do X!". I was trying to avoid derailing the discussion further, but it didn't work.
Well, first "Tch just do X" is not a male only thing Second, I tend to say they're broad fromt he start and that of course there are the minor exceptions. Third, tact wasn't an option. When I as a player may want something, I realize the business should do what's in it's best interrests in terms of profitablity, as this keeps the product going that I want to see going, and a profitable business also keeps a staff employed (generally...one can look at City of Heroes and see that profitability can still lead to layoffs), and not in doing what I may want, that could possibly be what only a minority of players want/can careless about in either direction.

That basically puts you at odds with most who say "I feel discriminated against"

Also, I don't see much tact in going outside the forums to start a campaign. I don't see much tact in saying "BW who's made SGR in other games is now discriminatory against RL SGR"

All I did was say "The company is likely weighing the options and datamining how exactly this will effect business/profits/stockholders/ect"

While I don't think adding SGR will do this, let me ask you this...

Would you prefere SGR options where added even if it was shown it would cause the game to be shut down in two months? Or would you prefere it stayed out if that was shown what would happen?

Cause I promise you, this is exactly the type of things those who run companies think about. How will this effect long term.