View Single Post

Kynesis
01.17.2013 , 11:23 PM | #23
Mr Street (of WoW) recently discussed how their PvP will go through some changes to address an 'artificial' gear-gap and also help with mid season catch-up. SWTOR seems destined to follow in their footsteps, with similar issues.

Keeping PvE and PvP separate seems like it's "the only way" they can both work but this also creates pretty significant divides. I know it's been discussed before (and likely will be many times again), I'd still like to take the opportunity to encourage the SWTOR devs to rethink this whole paradigm.

PvP and PvE are both aspects of the same game, treating them as two games in one is a major pita for all involved, particularly where players need to maintain multiple sets of gear (for each spec), often on multiple characters, all the while working on mods for each piece...

Where PvP players can't indulge in PvE (and vice versa) the game misses out to a significant degree on participation.
To which I expect the answer "that's what story modes and recruit gear are for"... that would be disappointing because it really is missing the point.