View Single Post

Samy_Merchi
01.17.2013 , 10:36 PM | #5420
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
You're not cross dressing when you pick an avatar that is different than your RL gender.
Of course I'm not. Cross dressing involves actually putting on the opposite gender's clothes in real life. What I said is it makes me FEEL LIKE cross dressing, which was meant to convey the sensation that it makes me feel very uncomfortable, but for some reason this doesn't seem to penetrate.

Quote:
In no way questioned anyone's sanity on preferences. But when people start saying the avatar and them are the same thing, I do question it.
.In no way you questioned anyone's sanity. Then in the very next sentence, you do question it. Do please make up your mind.

Quote:
And if this is your 7th MMO, tell me, what's the difference between this MMO and any of the others from a game mechanic really?
Ability to make dialogue choices, ability to build affection with companions. And yes, those are game mechanics because they involve you making choices in pursuit of some reward, as opposed to something like passive cutscenes which are there just for aesthetic pleasure.

Quote:
Do the same thing here. Just like you did in the previous MMOs.
Why do you think they are *previous* MMOs? BECAUSE THAT LEVEL OF ENGAGEMENT ISN'T SUFFICIENT FOR ME. That's why I came to SWTOR over the previous ones. If SWTOR can only offer the same crap as the previous MMOs, why play it in the first place?

Quote:
Role a female character and play the game. Since you seem to put a lot of who you are in RL into your character, then play it as longing for the unrequited love (a valid RP storyline and a real life experience I don't think anyone's ever not experienced).
If I want to actually have a romance in game, that's hardly an option.

Quote:
But still, you're not being forced to play a hetrosexual or a cross dresser.
If I want to actually have a romance, I am forced to play a heterosexual, yes.
In order to have romance in this game, I am forced to either crossdress or change my sexual orientation. Nice. Thanks "Bioware".