View Single Post

01.17.2013 , 09:18 PM | #5414
Quote: Originally Posted by Kioma View Post
Seems little point, given that the entire MMO and everything in it deviates from original movie canon. It's not their fight to fight. EA/Bioware has the right to deviate from the movie canon. They literally paid for those rights.

Besides, fight to keep which canon/lore intact? Unlike most universes Star Wars keeps track of as much of the different forms of canon lore as it can (in a big database they apparently call 'the Holocron'). There's more than one form of valid canon lore for Star Wars, and people coming into SWTOR claiming it should stick faithfully and unfailingly to the movie lore are actually fighting against the valid EU lore.

I mean, I'm cool with people making constructive criticism about changes. That's entirely fine. But taking the party-line that the writers don't actually have the right to do so seems to be missing the point a bit.

They could. I don't personally think they need to. There's so much in the way of unused species in Star Wars lore that they could be releasing several a year for over a decade and not need to worry about running out. I'd expect to see Zeltron before Star Wars-ified asari, in any case.
I meant the players. And you're right, trying to keep to canon is going to be hard, because the EU messes it up so much it's not funny, and the movie prequals went and added to it. Basically it comes down to the same thing this thread does...fight for what you'd like to see in the game and what you think shouldn't be.

I'd like to see the return to Star Wars canon of "OMG THEY HAVE A LIGHTSABER AND KNOW HOW TO ACTUALLY WEILD IT! RUN!" or in other words, Light Sabers as a real threat.

Zeltron and i keep hoping.