Server: Prophecy of the Five
I've been away from game for a while, and just came back in the past 2 weeks. I get anywhere from 5 minutes to 15 minutes (if I'm extremely lucky) before server latency starts spiking and goes to 20K or so, and I get booted. I've written three in-game tickets....the first was simply closed with no information or response, the second ticket I got a canned response about video card issues, character issues, etc, with not one mention about network issues what-so-ever, and the third one has been waiting on a response for 3 days now and is apparently being ignored. Tonight I did a google search, and found a post on these forums about connection issues like this, and it said to try deleting the DiskCacheArena file from the swtor folder. I did, and now when I log in i am at the server select screen, and it's blank! There is no server to even choose from.
I left the game originally because of BS like this. I just resubbed two accounts right before this started, and I was going to pre-order the expansion, but I am not going to waste any more money than I already have.
PS: It's definitely on your end, because even your damn website is slow to load. It's either a problem with YOUR connection or with YOUR servers, so no more canned BS about my ISP, my computer, or my firewall or AV.
This is the post about the DiskCacheArena:
I suspect your machine is trying to check for software updates, please check your task scheduler, not task manager, as in the first item on the list below to see if something is trying to update itself.
Please check the following to help resolve your issue:
- Check Windows Task Scheduler (not task manager) for any software updates such as Google or Flash that may be interfering with your game connectivity.
- Ensure that your network connection is stable. If you are using a wireless connection, using a wired connection will improve the connection.
- You may try power-cycling your router by turning its power off waiting 30 seconds and then turning it back on again.
- You may need to remove and re-add an exception for SWTOR.exe and launcher.exe to your Firewall and Anti-Virus.
- Please go to the following location if you have installed the game in its default location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor
From there, delete the file called DiskCacheArena. The DiskCacheArena file is recreated whenever the game starts so it is not harmful to delete this file.
- If you utilize a VPN for your connection, you need to ensure that the game is allowed to communicate through the VPN. If you are using a proxy server, please ensure that it is configured correctly in Internet Explorer.
- If you have any third party traffic management software running on your computer, you can try disabling it.
- Restart the game and attempt to login again.
Let us know if you find anything causing a problem in your task scheduler.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic