Thread: Driod rights.
View Single Post

MilesTeg_cy
01.17.2013 , 04:42 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Yes. Humans are 'programmed', but not in the way (I think) you think. There are 2 big differences between a human and droid :
1. the soul
2. droids are man-made. Humans are God-made.
(I don't expect you to agree with me on this)
1. For me what you call a soul is nothing different from a droids software. Still programmable.
2. If you believe that we are god-made that makes us no different from a droid bec. both a droid and a human being are "made". If someone or something makes anything, gives it a purpose and condition it to act for what it is made for. At that point we are no different from a droid in your point of view. Also for a believer there is a concept of destiny. If we are destined to do something and there is no way that we can act differently then this a god made programming. If we have free will than there is no destiny or programming.

My thoughts about this is like we are programmed by society and other physical and emotional factors-conditioned in a way- but this is nothing like a destiny. While living a normal life we are simply conditioned as any other person in our society. The kind of conditioning I mentioned before is different from this. If someone is conditioned(programmed) to do something special like go and kill another person this is conditioning with a special purpose. If a conditioned person can refuse to kill this is why some other conditioning kicks in and takes control, like "killing a man is wrong". This is just a fight between programmings, that's all. We are only tools, just like the programmed droids.

There is no universal right or wrong, there is only choice. If a droid is programmed to make a choice between several possibilities this is not free will. This is again programming. But there is something called "feelings" for living things, at least for humans. Now, that feelings are your software and they are the ones that are conditioned(programmed) to make or not to make you do things. Those feelings will make you feel like killing is wrong if your other feeling, "killing is a must" fails to domain. This is not a choice just the power of programming. Feeling like doing the right thing is not free will, it is just a result of another conditioning.

Again, these are just my thoughts here. Didn't mean to offend anyone. If I did without knowing I'm sorry in advance
All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. - Frank Herbert