View Single Post

Kitru
01.16.2013 , 07:20 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
this is all based on info you can find in the tanking stat weights thread, along with the damage reduction info from AMR of full 63 jugg tanks.
I would really recommend you check your math again. The only thing, from a mitigation standpoint, that Full defense has over the hybrid is 4% shield chance. Considering that stat allocation provides to all of 50% absorb value at best, this means all of 2% reduction in M/R damage. hybrid's advantages are 25% more Blade Storm (9 sec CD compared to 12 sec) and 4% K/E DR: since M/R attacks can only ever be K/E damage (there are no I/E M/R attacks in game), you're getting roughly twice the mitigation gains against M/R attacks (it's not explicitly double because DR and shield mitigation are calculated at separate points; the DR is actually going to contribute *more* because it applies against the ~67% of the attack that aren't parried rather than 33% that are shielded) as you would be getting the bonus to shield chance. And that's completely ignoring the higher contributions from Blade Storm.

I would *really* like to see the formulas you're using to draw your conclusion since, in all honestly, everything you're saying *flies* in the face of pretty basic math.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.