View Single Post

iamthehoyden
01.16.2013 , 05:42 PM | #6

"The holocron?" Felix said, putting a hand to his head, "Man, I thought it was bad when it was just a library. You're telling me there's a Sith Lord in my head?"

Jese sat next to him, holding one of his much larger hands with both of hers, rubbing her thumb back and forth across his skin. "I don't know for sure," she said, "I've never seen anything like that." She peered up at him. "I'd like to try to see what's going on in your head, but I'm worried that I'll damage you or let him back out. Can you...can you feel him?"

Felix was silent for a moment. "You know that feeling when there's a thought that you can almost grasp, but stays right out of your reach? That's what my head feels like. It's really annoying." He frowned and then looked at her. "Do it. Check out what's going on. I don't want some Sith controlling my mind. He could hurt you. I won't have it."

"Felix, I could hurt you."

"Jese..." he said warningly.

She sighed at his mulish expression. Stars help them all when the man set his will at something. Mountains were easier to move.

Jese closed her eyes, drawing on the deep well of Force that dwelled inside her. She reached out towards Felix, carefully examining his body for injuries and disease, then his mind. He was healthy, as far as her medical and Jedi training could tell. His mind was healthy, but it was not normal. It teemed with activity. She poked and prodded at the Force, but it remained the same as it always had been. Felix was still very much a Force-blind. No sign of another spirit, extra power, or anything else, just a mind that was lit up like Coruscant at night.

"I think it's just the holocron, just the data," she finally said, retreating from her exploration.

"Just?" he asked with raised eyebrows.

"Well the other option was that a Sith lord had transfered his essence to you, but if that was the case there would be some sign of it in the Force, I think. Plus, you know, he'd have been shooting lightning out of your fingers."

He sighed. "This just keeps getting better and better. How did this happen?"

She shook her head, "I don't know. Your mind is very active, much more than a normal person."

"That's just me making plans," he joked with a strained smile.

She smiled a tight little smile back at him. "No one had ever transcribed a holocron into a person's mind before Ouzel, that I know of," she said, "We did all that searching after we found out what that doctor had done to you, but there was nothing. There's no telling what it did. Perhaps the knowledge grew more deeply into your brain, allowed this...Tothav personality to take over."

"Makes sense to me, but you're the researcher. So, not a real Sith, just an AI who thinks it's a Sith and can take control of my body. Greeeat."

She stood and walked to the statue in their room, looking up at the serene features. "I just don't get why he'd activate now," she muttered, mulling over what had happened.

"I am not just data," a Imperial voice whispered behind her. She whirled around. The Sith was back; she could see it in the intense anger that twisted his face. "I am NOT!"

Jese pulled her petite frame up straight. "Yes. You are."

Tothav stalked up to her, crowding her into the statue. Jese held her ground, ready to freeze him if necessary. "I am Darth Tothav. It was I who razed the cities of Whi-an and Ghrath'h, who slaughtered the armies of Ulba, who found the forge where J'shodth the Firebringer was made! I remember!" His voice faltered slightly. "I remember all of it, the cries of the men crushed under Xaroc's stone, the taste of blood sprayed into the air, the intoxicating scent of fear. I am Sith!" he roared at her in desperate denial.

"Then where is your lightning?" Jese shot back at him, "You can't feel the Force, can't use it. You are not Sith."

He screamed in rage and struck her faster than she had anticipated. And then Jese's world went black.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box