View Single Post

craic_fox
01.16.2013 , 01:58 PM | #1944
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
We’ve seen many ideas from you folks such as merging all three servers into one, allowing for transfers to North America servers, and even not doing anything at all, but none of them seem to be an ideal solution for all.
As a low-level player on Gav Daragon, I think that the population is fine as it is. In time, the increasing number of new players should result in more players reaching max level and being available for end game content, such as it is. From a purely selfish point of view, I would argue against a merge that affects my server at this point in time. My personal concerns are two-fold: I do not want to risk losing my character names and I do not want my server to lose its RP-friendly designation. From a more neutral perspective, merging GD and Dalborra seems like an obvious choice but that does nothing for the PVPers.

With regard to transfers, I am in favour although I absolutely would not choose to do this myself. However, if you open transfers for APAC players you will face increasing demand to allow transfers to players in all territories. You may not want to implement this at the present time.

One other possible option may be to allow a time-limited offer for APAC players on the PVP server to clone one or all of their existing characters onto another server of their choosing. This would be a copy-and-paste as opposed to the cut-and-paste of a transfer, but it would at least be a way for players to test the waters on another server without entirely abandoning their original server (if, for example, the latencies proved too high, or if the server population on their original APAC server improved significantly). If the majority of players chose to take that option and remained on their new server for a number of months, then the APAC PVP server could be shut down. There are obvious flaws with this solution too, but I'm just throwing it out there as another possibility.

TL;DR - leave Dalborra and Gav Daragon as they are for now. Review population in a couple of months. Allow MD'N players a window to create clones of their current characters on a new server. Review population in a couple of months and close down that server if pop is too low to be sustainable.

Edit: above all, please keep us in the loop.