View Single Post

Maaruin
01.16.2013 , 05:22 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaedusz View Post
The thing is,if they are not goody two shoes,they don't qualify for an exemplary jedi.So basicaly if you are a good jedi,you are boring.Yoda is boring for me ,not not mention annoying.Basicaly all jedi from the movies are boring,except Anakin,and he is what you call in swtor dark side jedi knight.
Of course there are exceptions.But they are not in the movies.

Sith and grey jedi are much more multi dimensional.
Yoda in the Prequels is boring, I agree on that. But do you also consider Yoda from Empire Strikes Back as boring? And the Emperor (who doesn't really do anything and doesn't get that much characterization) from Return of the Jedi as that much more interesting? YMMV, but in my opinion the Jedi didn't get boring until the Prequels.

I think good characters can very well be multi dimensional. Again I'll use Lord of the Rings as example. There are quite a few good characters: Gandalf, Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas, Frodo, Sam, Merry, Pipin, Theoden, Eomer, Eowyn, Faramir, to list the major ones. Some of them may be boring, but do you consider every single one of them boring?

(Of course, they aren't Jedi. But if multi-dimensional good characters are possible in general, multi-dimensional good Jedi should also be possible. IMO there are some in the Star Wars universe, for example Nomi Sunrider or Lord Hoth.)

Edit: In what order did you watch the movies? If your first impression of the Jedi were the Jedi in Episode I, then I can see why you see Jedi as boring.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall