View Single Post

Edonidd
01.14.2013 , 02:34 PM | #10
Impossible to Kite in this game without LoS. I have a 2 second root on creeping terror and a force speed. 15 and 20 second CD respectively. Ragers get 2 jumps and increased run speed after jumping. Their charge has a 30 meter range. In 2 seconds while they are rooted and I pop my force speed, I can't go 30 yards. Carnage is even worse, their big damage ability is 10 meter range (for a melee class...) And they have a root on another 10 meter throw that ignores resolve and force speed. Plus they have another root on their jump so I can't run away, and a third root on their channeled ability which is also uninterruptable for some reason. PT's are even worse than Ragers, harder to avoid railshot than smash, and same range, but getting pulled just irritates me much more than being jumped to. Worst of all is assassins. They pop out of nowhere, use my same abilities, hit harder with those abilities, get extra abilities on top of those that hit even harder, have multiple purges of my dots and roots, have my same speed, and on a shorter CD

The single thing that pisses me off most in this game though is those dots. Although I guess it's more of a madness thing than lightning, but does affect us both. Dots do not do more damage than regular abilities. So there is no DPS reason to choose them. They don't interrupt captures, or break stealth, so there is no gameplay reason to choose them. They do break CC, and are purgeable, so there is actually multiple reasons NOT to choose them.

DoT's in this game are in every way shape and form inferior to DD abilities in PVP. Every way.