View Single Post

VassagoOmega
01.13.2013 , 03:34 AM | #672
Thanks Owen, for your help.

I've played with, and adjusted a lot of what you've pointed out already. I know I'm using an oddball 4:3 resolution monitor, and I've played with the refresh on 75, and 60hz, with no effect.
Windows is not pirated, it's just not Microsoft. It's a legit build.

I found another thread that was suggesting the same thing as what you pointed out, with the memory voltage. So, for fun I decided to go into BIOS and switch it off of Auto to see if it would make a difference. Oddly enough, 1.8V is the minimum it can run, and that's what my memory recommends. So I picked that instead of Auto.

Well, wouldn't you know it? As soon as the game loaded back up, my fps has increased quite significantly, especially on taxis. I just finished playing for close to 2 hours without any crashes either. I'm gonna test it out some more tomorrow, and see how it does. I'll be impressed if that's all that's wrong.

I also know that this isn't a fix, it's a workaround. There's no reason that I should have to manipulate my RAM voltage to get the game to work properly. Regardless of whether or not my RAM is running on lower voltage, the game is sucking up too much RAM to begin with.

I'll keep you posted on my progress.
TURRIS FORTIS MIHI DEUS
Awakened to Redemption A Christian Gaming Guild