View Single Post

Maaruin
01.12.2013 , 12:49 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Aoussar View Post
Yeah, that's true. In that sense, I could see Richard as a jedi as well. I was more referring to the crusader's in general. I can't remember which crusade or who wrote it, but there was a christian chronicler in one of them, and he wrote that when they took Jerusalem, they slaughtered everyone and had "Blood to their knees" etc. We spoke about it in school not long ago
That was the first crusade. As far as I know, the blood didn't stand to their knees literally, but they sure did kill lots of people, including lots of civilians.
The reasons seem to be more complicated, though. If I remember correctly, it started out with the Byzantine Emperor calling for help against the Turks. And then the Pope was all like: "Hey, if we are already heading there, lets take back Jerusalem." The rest is common knowledge.

But even the first crusaders may still be more like Jedi than like Sith. The Sith have rarely been Well-Intentioned Extremists. The Jedi on the other hand have been there at least once, during the First Great Schism.
But, this thread asks for glorious Jedi, and even if the crusaders in the first crusade might have been Jedi-like, they sure weren't glorious Jedi.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall