View Single Post

Ivomec
01.10.2013 , 07:22 PM | #3
Quote:
- Would the bioware model be acceptable for you?
- How passionate are you about the issues of gear and boosts in item shops?
- Are you still playing swtor mainly because your a star wars fan?
- Would you always take the subscription path?
- Would you prefer a F2P game that had no subscription plan offer and was entirely item shop?
I dont disagree with the Item shop, as I have paid for a few Cartel packs myself. However, quickly seeing it as a RL cash sink for utter junk 95% of the time I quickly abandoned my purchases from the Item shop.

I am still playing SWTOR because yes I am a fan as I grew up during the release of the original Star Wars films. I get to live out some moments as a BH, or Sith. Even this will give into boredom sooner than later with a majority of the cool guy stuff costing RL money. I want to quest and earn the rare things, not buy them and this in the end will drive me from the game even as a fan of Star Wars.

I will always take a subscription plan over F2P, as I believe it takes a paying player base to make a great product. I never was a fan of F2P, understanding why it has to be though. I just think you get a better quality game from a subscription player base, almost Quality over quantity.

- Would you prefer a F2P game that had no subscription plan offer and was entirely item shop? NO
Through the travail of the ages, Midst the pomp and toil of war, Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.