View Single Post

Phillip_BW
01.10.2013 , 05:05 PM | #34 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Iliac View Post
And yet, we have people that have knowingly been using these hacks in warzones, have been reported repeatedly, have had forum posts about, and all of this going on for months with no action being taken against them.
I can't go in to a lot of details, but I can say that actions are taken where appropriate by our Terms of Service team and have been since the launch of the game back in 2011. At the same time I've seen multiple exploiters be less than truthful in public about how no action is being taken against them when in reality any number of their multiple accounts might be suspended or previously permanently banned at the same time.

Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Making adjustments? WHEN Phillip??? Why haven't they been MADE already? This should be an emergency patch, not a freaking warning. When I saw a Bioware employee had posted in this thread, I was hopeful it was something along the lines of "We recently made adjustments..."...it's not like this game is new...nor are the hacks....

Move with some urgency for once. PLEASE...
Apologies, I missed adding the word 'continually'...

"We're aware of the speed hacking that is occurring in the game; rest assured we are continually making adjustments to prevent it from continuing; furthermore anyone that gets caught using it will have their account suspended and/or banned."

I realize the lack of correcting the more public exploiters in the past has implied they have had no actions taken against them. My only advice there is not to take at face value the words of the people who deliberately cheat.

For reference, we have put up messaging about exploits such as speedhacking in the past. An example from April 2011: http://www.swtor.com/blog/action-bei...its-and-cheats

Phillip Holmes
SWTOR Head of Security