View Single Post

jaguarclaw
01.09.2013 , 10:36 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
As far as Mara Jade Skywalker coming back, no. It also gave the writers the reason with the Aboleth saga[as i call it]
I have no idea why you would call it that.
to have luke and his son bond even more. Which was nice. I actually enjoyed that a lot.
Well guess what: If Mara's brought back, none of that gets cancelled out.
Far as Mara's death, not every death is epic, not every clash is going to be the fight of the titans. Was the fight and death anti-climatic? Yes, but you have to remember, it was very HUMAN. Look at any REAL fight, and I go to the words Jack Sparrow told Will Turner in the first Pirates movie.

"There's what a man can do, and what he will do". Jacen could of tried to fight honestly, and probably would of died, or he could of gone for the win and done something that Mara was not expecting. Remeber DARKSIDER AND SITH!
Sure. It still sucked, though. Although my problem is more with the idea than the actual execution of the idea.
In his situation I would of done the same exact thing and not even blinked about it.
That's nice.
No, mara did not need an epic death, she had a very realistic human fight and death, get over it guys.
Because the prime selling factor and reason people like SW is realism and utilitarian, non-dramatic fights between good and evil.
Stop with the whole fall girl for KT,
I don't understand people's attachment to that damn term, as it's demonstrably incorrect.
and honestly, she does have a tad of bias when it comes to mandos since they were for the most part, her pet project,
Let's not kid ourselves: she's wildly biased. Anyone who reads her books can tell that. Read the FAQ thing I posted, she *********** hates them.
but nobody does a better gunfight than that lady.
Then she should've stuck to RC and left the Jedi alone.
IMO, everybody can take that hatred for her and stick it where the sun don't shine.
I don't hate Karen Traviss, but I don't think you have the right to tell me to shove up opinions up my *** just because I think she did a terrible job.
Because she did, and it unnecessarily lost SW a good character.
I don't see why you're so defensive on her behalf, but I guess not everyone can be polite.