View Single Post

Lent_San
01.06.2013 , 08:17 AM | #5080
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Now now, don't give Bioware any ideas. Keep saying stuff like "nothing or this" and all we'll end up with continued romances because Bioware thinks we're "ok" to "settle" with less than OGRs
Seriously though, I trust them as far as I can throw them.
The only problem I can see with same-sex-only continued romances is the age-old detractors whining that we're getting special treatment. "Oh my god! I can't believe that Bioware are giving the SGRA folks two options that we can't have! How am I supposed to enjoy my fifty bajillion other [Flirt] and fully fleshed out romances if they get something all to themselves! So not fair!"
But, but.... you know, without wanting to give them any ideas (), just think about it and how this game has progressed so far.

I think the whole "companion romance" thingy may be giving them huge headaches by now, because honestly, a lot of people are expecting more to come here, just like many people are expecting more class content to come. And that's not even talking about Chapter 4 yet, since Chapter 4 is story content and not necessarily class content.

As things stand now, we don't know when or if there will be a continuation of existing romances with companions, OGR wise.

It could indeed be easier for them to seperate the two. Like, giving your toon the option of breaking off with a companion and add OGR and SGR options (fleshed out ones) with NPCs in the future. I'd think they'd be easier to continue, easier to work on, since they're essentially seperate from the whole story and class content.

I don't know if that makes sense but I could see that as the way all romances could be handled like in the future. The old OGR companion ones may still be available, but new ones would be added in a different fashion.

I can't say I'm all against it, as much as I'd like to be, since this way I see more flexibility for the creators and that could mean more content than the one we might get with the current system.