View Single Post

Maaruin
01.05.2013 , 05:15 PM | #175
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I not really sure if many Force sects bring enough, or anything to the table. They can fulfil different roles yes, but the Je'daii Order can have sects within its organisation. And I'm still sticking with the pacifism part, the Je'daii Order are not protectors of the galaxy, but peacekeepers. If they advocate violence they go against everything they stand for, and risk falling to the dark side. This is because as soon as you start learning to use the Force as a weapon, it becomes dangerous because you have to make the choice of how to use it. By the way of the light, or the darkness. Not sure what you mean by your last point though about the first line.

I suppose the final line is also important... so Je'daii don't attempt to prevent their deaths as they study the Force.

How about:

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no death, there is the Force.
There is emotion, yet peace.
There is passion, yet serenity.
There is chaos, yet harmony.
There is light, yet dark.
There is only the Force.
I think being pacifists wouldn't guarantee they stay away from the dark side. Some Jedi have fallen to the dark side through... wait for it... meditation.

Imagine something like the Krath Cult takes over a system. A few Force-using knights could infiltrate the palace and take them prisoner without causing too much casulties.
And if every military would have some Je'daii among the troops, they could prevent war crimes from occuring.
Je'daii in police functions will help capturing dangerous criminals alive and without too great risks.

And if two planets decide to fight each other, but the Je'daii in the troops of both planets go to the battlefield and start negotiating with each other, they might prevent the war better than advisors could.

The line about ignorance and knowledge is: There actually is ignorance. You should encourage young Je'daii to admit their ignorance and try to gain knowledge.

also: There is light, yet darkness.

But I'm cool with different sub-oders in the Je'daii Order.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall