View Single Post

SirGladiator
01.05.2013 , 04:48 PM | #5043
I agree that it would be nice that he used words like 'delayed' instead of 'cancelled' except for the fact that he also said it would be way harder to implement them than they thought, when the reality is all you have to do is get rid of the gender check, clean up the occasional pronoun, add the character's voice (the LI's voice is obviously already in the game) and there it is. There isn't anything hard about it. Someone mentioned 'jealousy scenes', obviously thats something they could add if they wanted to but arent the least bit necessary to the romance itself. If you romance somebody, you romance them, it doesn't 'have' to relate to any other character, of course those scenes are always fun to see, just like its always nice to have your gender/race mentioned by somebody in the game, but its not actually necessary. If they added the romances to the game, then said 'going back and adding in jealousy scenes will be hard, we're going to delay that', then that would make sense, and better still it would actually be true, unlike what he actually did say which wasn't the slightest bit true.

The bottom line is that he put in a gender check specificly so we couldn't play these romances, and now he's pretending its 'really really hard' to get rid of it, when in reality he just doesn't want to. Why would he? He put it in for a reason, he doesn't want to get rid of it for the same reason he put it in in the first place. Because he doesn't like this sort of content, and doesn't want it in his game. The only way to overcome that is with enough pressure so that he would rather have it in his game than continue to be annoyed by people asking for it. If somehow a couple of flirt options with NPCs on a planet you have to be level 50 to reach satisifies enough people and they don't keep asking for what we rightly should have, and were promised, then he wins, and he keeps them out forever. Its as simple as that. Hopefully that isn't what happens, I know for my part I'm going to keep asking for what we were promised, and for what virtually every modern game now has, the ability to romance any LI you like, and I hope everybody else will also.