View Single Post

01.05.2013 , 03:21 PM | #167
Back on topic:

Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
@Maaurin. You make interesting points and I agree with your thoughts on democracy and that. Monarchies can work, but such rule centralizing powers in a single figure is dangerous.
Yeah, democracy is basically the safer ways for countries to go. The Jedi decided to serve a promising democracy after all, but they also helped good monarchies. so, about the force.

I get the idea you agree that the Force seeks some form of balance between light and dark in the galaxy, but just because this is so doesn't mean we should accept it, for the dark side harms the galaxy in ways beyond the Force. And I would agree.
Yeah. As I said, I think maybe it is even possible to find some form of balance which holds almost the full potential of the light side and avoids most effects of the dark side.

To be honest I'm not really sure what a Je'daii Order would entail, would partially accepting the dark side lead to suffering? I do not think so. Much like the Father the Jedi would be dedicated to harmony, peace and balance.
That's a point where I think that many of those who advocate balance still have a chosen side underneath. I just read into the Dawn of the Jedi comicbooks again: (Almost) all warnings the Je'daii speak are warnings against the dark side, and as far as I see not a single one against the light side. During their time on Tython, the Je'daii seem to have realized that the dark side is more dangerous.

I think many of those who advacate balance tend lean towards one side or the other. The Father leaned towards the light side. My balanced Jedi Consular leans toward the dark side (he supports Rajivari's philosophy), but you can't say that out loud when you are member of the Jedi Council.

About those who fall to the dark side too far, I'm not sure if the Je'daii way is the better. The Jedi seem to have healers etc. who are dedicated to bring them back from the dark side. The Je'daii often seem to say "Help yourself, but get out of here (to the moon)."

They would be benevolent in nature but also willing to be practical, and make sacrifices if need be. Take a look at the Je'daii Code:

There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no fear; there is power.
I am the heart of the Force.
I am the revealing fire of light.
I am the mystery of darkness
In balance with chaos and harmony,
Immortal in the Force.

The first tenet is the same as that of the Jedi Order. The Je'daii would uphold knowledge just as the Jedi do, and provide wisdom to the Republic and other nations that strive for peace. It's the second power that could be dangerous, the Je'daii reject fear but embrace power. I don't really think I understand this code enough to comment. But power can mean many things, power in the Force, power through knowledge. I believe Je'daii can possess power without wanting power over others.
I think the Je'daii code is even less meant as a guidline for actions than the Jedi code. It is a mystic text to meditate on, which will help you to find inner balance and reflect the balance to the world.

So every Je'daii has to come up with his own interpretation of these lines, I guess. *shrug*

All in all, I'd prefer some text which clearly states the goals, something like this:

Jedi are the guardians of peace in the galaxy.
Jedi use their powers to defend and protect, never to attack others.
Jedi respect all life, in any form.
Jedi serve others, rather than rule over them, for the good of the galaxy.
Jedi seek to improve themselves through knowledge and training.

I'm at a crossroads here. The benefits of the Jedi are they are clearly protectors of peace and justice, dedicating to serving the Republic and defending the weak. But they attract threats from the Sith and others and bring them to the Republic. And they are caught in an eternal conflict with the Sith. The Je'daii Order are in balance with the Force, and so war between Force users is minimal. But they are not there to protect the Republic, it must learn to protect itself. They serve only as advisers.
Unfortunatly, I think even the Je'daii order wouldn't be able to prevent Dark Side threats. They lived in peace so long because the Rakata didn't know about them.
I even think that the Rakata - Je'daii war was what motivated them to rethink their devotion to balance.

I'm still leaning toward the Je'daii Order, perhaps combined with the ideals of the Baran Do Sages. A non-militant (that would be for the best) organisation that offers advice and instruction to institutes willing to uphold the peace. There primary purpose is to study the Force and use to guide their decisions and fuel the wisdom they give to the galaxy. Meditation is their primary purpose. And they quell Sith threats before they can begin. Non-military here is important. An organisation that does not focus heavily or at all on combat, and using the Force as a weapon is unlikely to cause students to grasp at power and want to dominate others by Force. Because unlike the Jedi they are completely dedicated to peace and pacifism. Pacifist force users are unlikely to turn Sith. Think of them as almost a secret society, dedicating to keeping peace in the galaxy, and working behind the scenes to ensure this happens.[/COLOR]
Actually, I think there should be several organizations, as long as some of them are balanced and some of them are light side.

But I don't think all of them should be pacifists. Organizations like the Imperial Knights would do their part in preserving peace and justice for the nation they serve.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall