View Single Post

Marctraider
01.05.2013 , 02:53 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by kitno View Post
Like many other here I've been unable to finish the Esseles (or Black Talon) flashpoints, crashing at the same point at the end of the storyline when the ship jumps to light speed. Memoryman.dll and MSVCR90.dll being the culprits. I just finished the Esseles without crashing, here's what I did step by step. I hope it works for others having this issue. I ran this solo with my companion, graphics very high, fullscreen, vsync on, native resolution 1920x1080.

This workaround should also work for Black Talon and Factory.

When you get to the point in the FP where you are crashing, simply ALT+TAB(minimize if in windowed mode) out of the game before the hyperspace animation. Wait 30 seconds, open the game back up and continue the FP.

UPDATE: After talking to Harken, immediately ALT+TAB out of the game. Wait 20-30 seconds for "jump to light speed" animation to finish. Open game back up, finish flashpoint. Or simply minimize the window if your playing windowed mode. No need to go through all of the other steps.

Spoiler

I hope this works for everyone else.
But you cant really minimize the game when you're in Full windowed mode though, whats the solution for that?

Also, how do you explain it keeps happening to me and others, where other players never have this problem? They don't all know about this bug, some are even new, and i explain it can get bugged and it never happens to them?

I'd assume its something to do with graphics/video settings but i dont think minimizing the game will make any difference.

The only difference would be Highest Graphics settings, higher resolution then others (higher?)
Also using Supersampling AA. I got 2GB of vidmem so that shouldnt be a problem either compared to other players.
Cyrix 166MHz - 128MB EDOram - Tseng Labs WD4000 1MB VRAM + 3DFx Voodoo 2 12MB 2x SLI - Quantum Bigfoot 6GB - Adlib Gold 8-bit soundcard with real OPL3 Synthesis.
--- 45~ FPS in Fleet/Warzones ---