The competition will be 8 competitions, 1 between each advanced class, with the top two of each AC going into the grand tournament at the end. The grand tournament at the end would then feature 16 of the best pvpers on the server with all classes represented.
There are a number of reason I like this format which are:
- It allows each AC to fight in their own competition and have bragging rights to being the best assassin/shadow or sniper/gunslinger.
- It allows each AC to have a competition of people with similar abilities without being smashed by other classes which they are not suited to fighting against.
- It is hoped that this will encourage people of all AC’s to compete and not just those dominant at duelling (Marauders, Ops etc.).
- The Grand Tournament will only feature the best of each AC and should be a spectacle to watch.
So on to the details.
Advanced class rounds:
An entrance fee of 20k. Must be paid 30 Minutes prior to the event starting.
Prizes – 1st gets 200k from SnX and a spot in the grand tournament.
2nd 150k from SnX and a spot in the grand tournament.
Competitors can only enter if they intend to also compete in the grand tournament should they make it.
As many competitors that wish to compete are welcome but only the top two go through to the grand tournament. Registrations are needed now with a post saying you are coming and on what toon?
The format will be double elimination following a sheet from www.printyourbrackets.com
and each competitor must do a /roll to determine where they start on the table. If two rolls are equal those two players roll again to determine who rolled higher.
The standard rules that I will mention later will apply.
Grand Tournament details:
Once the competitions for each AC are completed we can move onto the grand tournament.
No entrance fee.
Prizes – 1st gets 1mil from SnX.
2nd gets 500k from SnX.
This will follow the format of 16 people double elimination using a sheet from the website mentioned above. Competitors will do a roll as done in the previous round to see where they start. If a winner from an AC competition is unable to make the final it is up to SnX’s discretion as to who to put in the tournament in their place but it must be someone of the same AC.
Timing would be over a number of weeks, 2 AC’s every Sunday and then the final competition in the week after. I also think that the last competition suffered from a lack of people knowing about it. Therefore I recommend an extensive 2 week advertising campaign before the contest starts.
Perhaps a way to do the timing may be as follows:
Week 1 - Significant advertising – starting now.
Week 2 - Sunday Operatives/Scoundrels & Powertechs/Vanguards 13th January
Week 3 - Sunday Juggernauts/Guardians & Assassins/Shadows 20th January
Week 4 - Sunday Snipers/Gunslingers & Marauders/Sentinels 27th January
Week 5 - Sunday Sorcerors/Sages & Mercenarys/Commandos 3rd February
Week 6 – Sunday Grand Tournament end Duelling Tournament
“Dalborra Duelling Tournament starts Sunday 13th of Jan see server forums for details”
Put this in general & pvp chat every now and again. Post this in warzones daily.
Referees - There will be 2 referee's present at the Duelling Tournament one representing each faction. They will monitor the Duel for any breach of the rules and administer any penalties. They will also help to inform all present at the Tournament what is going on, who is requested to begin there Duel and release ruling's on breaches of the rules and losses of Duel's.
Note- stealthers will be grouped with the referees to ensure rules are complied with.
The Duelling Tournament will now be held at Nar shaddaa follow the link below for a series of screenshots showing where:
Also note to help the referee's members of SnX will help with announcements and the running of the event.
- Stims are allowed.
- All specs are allowed. Specs can be changed at free will.
- No Medpacks (results in loss of current duel).
- No Adrenals (results in loss of current duel).
- No Companions (results in loss of current duel).
- No Grenades (results in loss of current duel).
- In the case of any Duel the bout can go no longer than 5 minutes at the end of the time limit the winner will be decided by a /roll.
- A competitor must be ready to start their duel within three minutes of being called to the arena. (Not abiding by this will result in the loss of the current duel. After which the referee's will announce that you lost the fight and may call your second/third bout which would have its own three minute timer).
- You can only enter the Tournament on 1 class, choose wisely.
- There will be no restrictions on Gear.
Spectators are both allowed and encouraged this isn’t a behind the scenes score settler of “I’m better then you” but an event for the server to get behind and enjoy.
Now I really need anyone competing to please list their name in a comment in the following format: