View Single Post

IAmViiOLENT
01.04.2013 , 10:51 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
I wasn't aware that this boss had been 3 manned before. I'd love to see a video if you have one. I'm *very* certain that this wouldn't have been possible 10 months ago. Unaugmented Rakata just doesn't allow for the DPS required to beat the enrage timer. To the best of my knowledge, it's impossible to top 2k DPS in just Rakata gear, and we found that even 2.1k wasn't sufficient (since the second DPS is unable to get much higher than 1.2k due to the carbonizers). Optimized Campaign gear seems doable though, especially with a few augment slots, so maybe *8* months ago.

Thank you! :-) It was a lot of fun to heal something so tight that missing a single GCD wipes the raid (this happened to us several times due to server lag).

I haven't seen it yet. It seems possible, but immensely difficult. You'd need a vanguard or guardian DPS so as to pull the bosses apart, as well as a very strong single-target healer. Three manning also seems doable with two taunting DPS (not a shadow), but it would be super-tight.
Don't mind him, he tells everyone its been 10 months ago. More than likely through some glitch.

We attempted this 3 man yesterday, Carnage Mara, Bodyguard Merc healer and a Sniper. We only pulled it twice and on our closer attempt had 30k left before the healer let both of us die . We were pretty far off of enrage though, I was managing just over 2.2k dps and the sniper was sitting at 2.1k. mad props on the kill of that, the healing was insane.