“No game of dejarik can be won without pawns...”
Round 4: Darth Malgus vs Prince Xizor
Welcome to the fourth heat of the ‘Kaggath Tournament’. A competition pitting the power bases of the iconic Star Wars characters seen in the ‘Kaggath vs Series’ against each other in an epic tournament-style extravaganza.
The last battle, Tyber Zann vs G0-T0, fell in the droids favour. For although Tyber’s powerful consortium drove G0-T0 into a corner, his opponent was a slippery as an Adegan eel and anticipated Zann’s every move, and eventually had him 'deleted'. But onto round four.
For all those of you aren't aware, the Kaggath is an ancient rite of the Sith, ‘one part duel, one part large-scale dejarik-match’
. The two combatants have full use of their power bases, be it armies, strongholds or fleets, in order to outwit and outmanoeuvre their opponent. The Kaggath is no simple lightsaber duel, although it can come down to one, and the arena can be anywhere: a planet, star system or the entire galaxy.
Before we begin, let’s go over the ground rules again:
- The arena: the known galaxy.
- No outside help of any kind, the combatants cannot call upon assets outside their power base, or other prominent powers apart from those listed below. This excludes allies of the era, i.e. Darth Serevin, Savan.
- No outside involvement, other powers will not and cannot interrupt or affect the battle, for the purpose of argument they are non-existent.
- No surrender, fight to the death!
- No superweapons, e.g. the Foundry.
- Technology level is universal (unless considered archaic or advanced at the time): blaster fire, armouring, lightsabers etc. are all the same regardless of period, all that matters is size, quantity and power.
- Use your imagination: obviously these powers existed in a different time frame but let’s just pretend.
Darth Malgus: HK-47
Prince Xizor: Guri
So, the combatants: Darth Malgus was one of the Sith Empire’s greatest champions, he was a brilliant strategist, powerful adversary, strong with the lightsaber and the in the Force – a persevering juggernaut. While Prince Xizor was a charismatic, cold and patient criminal mastermind.
Malgus had command over the legions of his ‘New Empire’, an army of droids, mercenaries, soldiers and Sith. As well as a host of advanced and ancient technology, including a stealth fleet. And Xizor had the assets, reach, influence and wealth of the Black Sun – the most infamous crime syndicate in the galaxy – at his disposal. As well as a vast amount of intelligence, surpassing that of the Galactic Empire. But when the crime consortium does battle with the might of an Empire, who will win?
Let the Kaggath begin!