View Single Post

01.03.2013 , 11:42 AM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
The Balance on Tython was only possible because the Je'daii were scientists and secluded themselves from the rest of the galaxy. As soon as they had to decide what to do with the rest of the galaxy, they couldn't keep balance. The light side urged them to serve others, the dark side urged them to enslave others.

But even in the changed Jedi Order there will always be renegade Jedi who try to use the Force to gain power over others and enrich themselves. And also those who are turned mad by the Dark Side. The Je'daii Order hat to exile lots and lots of people who fell to the dark and force them to meditate until they are balanced enough to return.
You make a good point, and I had to give my response some thought. However I believe a balance could still be struck. Force users don't have to choose to protect the weak, or enslave them - they can instead choose simply to maintain peace in the galaxy and balance in the Force. This is what the Je'daii Order would do, they would not present themselves are defenders of the Republic, but peacemakers for the whole galaxy, not dedicated to any single body. There purpose would be to advise and provide knowledge to everyone dedicated to upholding peace and harmony.

You may argue that if the Je'daii don't protect the Republic, then the Republic becomes vulnerable to attackers, especially Sith. But the Republic must learn to defend itself, without depending on Force users, as before the association between Jedi and the Republic made the Jedi targets for enemies of the Republic, and the Republic targets for enemies of the Jedi i.e. the Sith. And remember what Kreia says:

"If you seek to aid everyone that suffers in the galaxy, you will only weaken yourself… and weaken them. It is the internal struggles, when fought and won on their own, that yield the strongest rewards. You stole that struggle from them, cheapened it. If you care for others, then dispense with pity and sacrifice and recognize the value in letting them fight their own battles. And when they triumph, they will be even stronger for the victory."

The Je'daii Order would let the Republic grow strong by fighting its own battles without using them as a crutch, and so they could defend themselves without Je'daii involvement which would only make the Republic a target and vice versa.

In terms of the Sith, it would be the Je'daii Order's task alone to protect against the Sith threat, and prevent it from becoming a threat in the first place. By breaking ties with the Republic, any conflict between Je'daii and Sith or even Jedi, would be between them alone, and not the rest of the galaxy, who should have no part in it. Neither should conflict be solved through war, if possible it should be tackled through meditation and peaceful methods, which the Je'daii Order understand. I don't know if you've watched the Clone Wars arc on the Ones, but if you have imagine the Je'daii Order as the Father, keeping the peace, and the balance between like and dark, but on a galactic scale.