View Single Post

01.02.2013 , 12:27 PM | #567
Name of server. Red Eclipse
Name of character(s) ALL
Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often? 10-30 times every friggin day
Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc.
Usually when I'm in fleet (started fairly recently btw) I crash whaever I'm doing, if not there, it's when I change zones. It - THANK GOD - never seem to happen while I'm actually playing on a map/instance - IF I can get there. A memory leak really seems likely (yeah, I do that slave work called "Crafting" a lot too). Also: I keep loosing connection EVERY TIME I enter a space ship or try a space mission. One bar at best, usually a red [x] constantly.
Your DXDiag in spoiler tags:
You know what - Not gonna bother given how you responded when I sent a ticket about it.
Your reliability report in spoiler tags
Oh, wait... I have Windows 8: Guess that means I don't have to bother with this **** either, since the crash doesn't report anything to "Åtgärdscenter"
Please specify that this is indeed a crash to desktop, not a disconnect to server select screen or a logout to character select: Specified! Repeatedly!

Hope you find the Bold text as annoying as I did when I previewed this message.

edit: Oh, this was a bit funny. Not suggesting it in general, but...
Going by the "It's probably a memory leak" idea I shoved a bunch of old USB sticks into my 13-port USB hub and activated ReadyBoost on them, basically "giving me more memory", sort of.. (well, let's not debate the actual workings, huh?) and...

The game works faster, the "lag" is gone (yeah, really, even in the ships/space fights) and so far I haven't had a single crash. Yes indeed I run a 3 year old - once a beast - machine with pitiful (but enough) amount of memory.