View Single Post

QwibQwib
01.02.2013 , 12:29 AM | #2497
Happy New Year, everyone! I haven't posted in a while because of real life shenanigans. Glad the year's over. Responding to people took a lot longer than I thought it would, and I apologize for the wall of text. I know now that I need to keep up better, or else be overwhelmed! If I missed anyone, I apologize!

---

@Striges, Valdr is very dark. He cares nothing for the Empire, yet it encourages his behavior. Despite being siblings, Valdr and Kaaste had very different origins. Kaaste was raised in the lap of luxury, even by Sith standards. Because of that, he has a very idealistic view of the Empire, and he is very much a patriot. Valdr, on the other hand, grew up as a slave, experiencing the worst the Empire had to offer. Despite his potential, no one saw that he was Force-sensitive until he was nearly too old to be trained. And it's quite possible his aptitude with the Dark side stems from his hatred of his treatment, and the jealousy from of how his brother led the easy life.

Your Rixik story was great. It seemed like perfectly normal legal jargon, though rather insensitive. But, then again, dealing with the Empire here. Good job!

My own view on the whole non-attachment thing is that the policy makes sense, even if I don't like it. There are so many examples of people falling to the Dark side because of love. It's not even that love's bad, it's just that Jedi are so powerful that any temptation should be nipped in the bud. The main reason I oppose it is that most people don't become a Jedi of their own free will; they're essentially kidnapped.

---

@Hoyden, I used to hate Gault's guts when I played my BH, but you're actually making me like him. That's good writing.

---

@Milani, Ouch. I don't know what to think of Alli, she has gone through some tough sh*t, but shooting the rodian? Then again, she was stupid enough to call a spice-addict bounty hunter a schutta. . .

---

@Kabeone, What's worse is when you get stuck but keep jittering around, which means you can't use the quick travel. And poor Remi. I don't really understand exactly what's going on (haven't played JK yet) but my heart goes out to her.

I'm glad at least someone is looking forward to the showdown. Though I'm sure most people will be happy to see Valdr get a fist in his face.

---

@thatghost, I'm getting diabetes from how sweet the story about your agent's retirement is. But in a good way. And thank you for the compliment, even if it was about something repulsive.

I laughed so hard as I read Scourge's adventures. I'd feel sorry for him, but it led to such a hilarious situation that it's impossible!

---

@Isoviel, Very heartwrenching. Your story reminds me of how in KotOR, that one girl stows away on the Ebon Hawk. I think it's a wonderful origin story for a smuggler. I should think more about what goes into my characters' histories. And I often run into the problem of being underleveled. Go back to previous planets, do some pvp or space combat, do something to keep getting experience! It's much better than the alternative!

Your second story was absolutely hilarious! I can't get the image of her with all those cosmetics out of my head!

As for your inquisitor, I think she'd get along marvelously with Darth Zhorrid. The jokes at Khem Val's expense were wonderful. Here's a Khem Val / Darth Baras one for you: When Darth Baras claimed victory in a food contest, Khem Val remarked "Never have I seen one eat so many since the battlefields on Yn and Chabosh." (I found it on the forums).

---

@Tatile, Poor Broan, I can't imagine how it must feel to be in his shoes. . . And the fact that the protocol droid had to say "Broadening search" means that it would be inconceivable that an alien could possibly be Sith, let alone marry an Imperial citizen of his own will. It made me realize that I've missed out on an important dynamic of the Empire by not having any alien characters.

---

@Irrissa, I really like how Min can have her solitude even with someone else present. Nice twist on the prompt! And some children's cartoons really are amazing and can help even me, of all people, to unwind. Reading about other people's guilty pleasures gives me a certain faith in humanity for some reason. Makes people seem more human, you know?

---

@Vesiniae, I always wondered if Jedi ever got starstruck. Also, Kira's hilarious.

---

@LogicLoup, I'm not too familiar with your characters, so it took me a couple of readings to comprehend your story (it being 1 in the morning doesn't help either :P) but it did produce an emotional reaction in me. The way it's written in parallel does a lot to that end; it allows for empathy for both characters. They both acted in what they felt was the right way, and it shows the way they think. But I feel regardless of how Jedi are recruited, it'd have negative consequences. If they don't break up families, it opens a lot more avenues to the dark side, but tearing children away from their families has its own share of problems. Same goes for the whole "no love" thing. But what we have to remember is that Jedi are insanely powerful and even a single one has the potential to change the fate of the galaxy. Bit of a different ballpark from normal monks.
"Amor omnibus idem" - "Love is the same for all"