View Single Post

Jarfunkz
01.01.2013 , 01:03 PM | #16
[QUOTE=Sentinel_Locke;5659551]First off, I "was" an avid PvP player on the Republic side. I say was because I can no longer stomach the absolutely terrible players that PvP on there (at least on the Jedi Covenant server). Players there have resigned themselves to one simple fact: If you queue solo for PvP as a Republic player, you are going to lose. It breaks my heart to admit it. To tell you how bad it is over there, let me say that I picked up my weekly PvP quest on Tuesday. By the following Monday, I had won 3/9 matches. And this is playing roughly 3-4 hours of PvP every day for that week. (You should maybe note that all 3 of the matches I won were skirmishes against other pubs).

Now, if I play my Imperial character, I can get wins and on average about 35 kills while not even wearing any PvP gear. What is up with that? (They are the mirrored classes, a Sentinel and Marauder)

Now, what I want to ask is, why? What makes the Imperials SOOO much better than the Pubs? Is it the fact that a staggering number of PvP Imps are Sorcs (tons of heals and shields there)? Is it that they actually utilize stuns in succession to keep players down? Possibly all of the AoE's they drop on top of mission objectives to keep players from accessing them?

Feel free to toss your two cents in. Perhaps even make some of the Pubs wake up to how awful things are.[/QUOTE

Two different types of code written. Imperial classes for the most part are much smoother. Pistols have a smaller turning radius, a lot of the abilities just run better. I played beta before they decided to mirror all the classes, it was a much better game then. New code was written for the republic players, basically vanguard mimic'd powertech, not the other way around, they were two completely separate classes. It is like that for a lot of other classes as well.

Who wants to throw rocks when you can shoot lightning?
VicVega