“No game of dejarik can be won without pawns...”
Round 3: Tyber Zann vs G0-T0
Welcome to the third heat of the ‘Kaggath Tournament’. A competition pitting the power bases of the iconic Star Wars characters seen in the ‘Kaggath vs Series’ against each other in an epic tournament-style extravaganza.
The last battle, Darth Revan vs Skere Kaan, was an overwhelming victory for Revan, who crushed the Sith pretender Kaan and his Sith charade into the dust. But onto round three.
For all those of you aren’t aware, the Kaggath is an ancient rite of the Sith, ‘one part duel, one part large-scale dejarik-match’
. The two combatants have full use of their power bases, be it armies, strongholds or fleets, in order to outwit and outmanoeuvre their opponent. The Kaggath is no simple lightsaber duel, although it can come down to one, and the arena can be anywhere: a planet, star system or the entire galaxy.
Before we begin, let’s go over the ground rules again.
- The arena: the known galaxy.
- No outside help of any kind, the combatants cannot call upon assets outside their power base, or other prominent powers apart from those listed below i.e. IG-88, Bossk, Silri, Twin Suns.(The Gand nest and Zhug family are part of G0-T0’s power base and the Nightsisters clan are included in Zann’s power base)
- No outside involvement, other powers will not and cannot interrupt or affect the battle, for the purpose of argument they are non-existent.
- No surrender, fight to the death!
- No superweapons, e.g. the Eclipse.
- Technology level is universal (unless considered archaic or advanced at the time): blaster fire, armouring, lightsabers etc. are all the same regardless of period, all that matters is size, quantity and power.
- Use your imagination: obviously these powers existed in a different time frame but let’s just pretend.
Tyber Zann: Urai Fen
So, the combatants: G0-T0 was an epitome of cunning, logic and reason, using his cold and calculating persona and alter ego to achieve unnoticed power and influence on a galactic scale. Tyber Zann preferred a more direct approach, but was still a tactical genius and criminal mastermind.
Masquerading as an Exchange boss G0-T0 controlled his own planetary cell and a legion of elite HK-50 assassin droids and mercenary clans. While Tyber Zann had an array of unique technology and weaponry, thanks to unlimited access to the Black Market, including stealth generators and suicide Jawas (I’m not kidding). But in a battle of these profoundly different criminal conglomerations, who will emerge the victor?
Let the Kaggath begin!