View Single Post

Velnora
01.01.2013 , 12:16 PM | #36
The opinions being discussed in here is a HUGE deal for me. Many times have I gone into a flashpoint, tried to communicate, and then people do whatever they want, such as fighting every single mob or not spacebarring because "that's what FPs are for" they say after the fact, after not bothering to ask what we are there for.

But the moment you enter a group you are a TEAM, it is not just your priorities and wants that matter. I find it exceptionally rude to go in with a "my way or the highway" attitude. It's generally tanks that do it because they know they are the hardest to replace.

The proper etiquette, if you have a particular want out of the FP, is to state it at the beginning and ASK the group. More often than not they are willing to accomodate. I absolutely cannot stand the players who do not do this. I've always been willing to help out a group if they wanted to do more than to just get their comms as quick as possible, but it rubs me the wrong way to NO END when they don't simply ask. I cannot emphasize how rude it is not to just ask.

Rudeness is not indicative of importance. Rudeness is indicative of itself. Nothing more.