View Single Post

Craftamancer
12.31.2012 , 06:00 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by snowmon View Post
just wanted to chime in on PT dps, imo its frigging awesome. MOXed TfB hm first boss the other day, mine is only in full rakata, with 1 BH item (ear piece) rest of the raid was full BH. i did 1426 dps by the end of the fight, top DPS was a mara with 1436 dps.

and on the TD discusssion, i dont use it, pointless, i also dont use IM either, flame bust gives me my dot i need, i only use FB, RS, RP, Rshots and my dps in rakata is around 1300-1400. IM is far to high an energy cost to ever warrant me using. and i find putting the points for TD into aim more productive.
IM does a lot more damage than flameburst. It's definitely worth applying to the target, and not just for the dot. Leaving it out of your rotation is a significant loss of damage.

My mercenary in full blackhole gear did 1930 dps on my first HM Writhing Horror kill, as there is a lot of trash and it's easy to skyrocket your numbers on the fight via AOE. A better representation of your dps would be HM Dread Guard, since it is pretty much a single target fight and you can spend the vast majority of your time wrecking em. My Merc used to do about 1400 dps on the Dread Guard fight. When I swapped to Pyro Powertech my first kill had me at 1800 dps. These are rough numbers, but I think they speak for themselves.