View Single Post

12.30.2012 , 05:31 PM | #547
  1. Name of server : The Red Eclipse - PvE - EU
  2. Name of character(s) affected: All of my characters. But it does not seems to happen new build charachters. Before lvl 10 I got no crash at all and I was playing much longer then with my lvl 30 to 48 characters. But soon after lvl 10 the first crash appears and from there on it gets more regular. So to me it seems to be happening only to characters that are lvl. 10 or higher. I tested this with my last new made character and the first crash appeared a little while after I was lvl. 10.
  3. Frequency of crashing: It's random. Sometimes hours without a crash sometimes more frequent but I haven't found a pattern. But with all characters above lvl 10 it happens sometimes a couple of times an hour sometimes less.
  4. Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash:
    It happens when I'm switching planetary instances or loading planets or logging in on characters, or when I start walking, or stapped of my speeder and start walking or get on my speeder, traveling with taxi, get on my ship, leaving or entering a planet, leaving an fp. I play sinds the beta and I only started to have these crashes sinds 1.4.
  5. Your DXDiag in spoiler tags

6. Your reliability report in spoiler tags

I am currently testing this tweak as well: BCDEdit /set IncreaseUserVA 3072

So far I played around 16 hrs over serveral days and I didn't have a crash. I went to lots of planets played loads of Flash points and so on, but till now it is stable.

So for my configuration this workaround/tweak worsk and I haven't encountered a downside, all programs still work as fast and good as before the change, so no negative side effects.