View Single Post

Aurbere
12.30.2012 , 11:37 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
IIRC Bane didn't consider himself the Sith'ari. He simply decided to make himself the Sith'ari.

I think what we see here is simply a change of meaning of the word. Sith'ari originally meant something different in King Adas time than it did later. Just like the word messiah originally simply referred to a king (who was made king by being anointed). Was Adas the first Sith'ari or could it be that there have been others before him?

I've read somewhere that, translated literally, Sith'ari means "perfect being".

P.S. Darth Ikoral can trace his line back to King Adas. Given the amount of time, though, it is not unlikely that almost every Sith Pureblood is somehow related to King Adas.
It has been confirmed that Darth Bane was the prophesised Sith'Ari, but I forget who confirmed it. Either way, he did fulfill the prophesy. He destroyed the Sith and made them anew, stronger than before.

Back at Adas' time, Sith'Ari simply meant 'perfect being', 'Overlord', or just 'Lord'. Adas was the first Sith'Ari in that he was the perfect being and King of the Sith. It wasn't until after his death that Sith priests foresaw a new Sith'Ari. Ironically, that prophesy led to several civil wars that would scatter the remnants of Adas' Sith Empire.

I would say that quite a few Sith could trace their ancestory back to Adas. However, that line has been tainted by the Exiles and other Sith Empire's. Very few Sith in Vitiate's Empire are fully pureblooded. Though I woudn't be surprised that Vitiate could trace his ancestory back to Adas.

Edit: Bane being the Sith'Ari of prophecy was confirmed in the Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia. Darth Revan was also a chosen candidate for the title, as well as Sidious and Vader. But Bane is the true Sith'Ari.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."