View Single Post

FeelFlow
12.29.2012 , 06:05 PM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by Aehwe View Post
No thank you. I've spent xx days in SWTOR. I plan on spending xxx days more. By making it an MMO we get the best of every aspect. PvP'ers can PvP. Solo players can solo. Instances, raids. Great story with other classes aswell.

Lets face it, KOTOR 3 would have been a tiny shell of what SWTOR is today and what it will become. A single player game would have a tiny budget compared to SWTOR, thus a ton of features most likely a lot of the voiceover which makes this game unique and awesome would probably have been too costly. Instead Bioware let us, the players, the fans deicide what we would play as in the great Star Wars universe. Without being bound by canon set in stone.

Also what you are suggesting would mean every single player who enjoys SWTOR's Smuggler, Trooper, Bounty Hunter and Imperial Agent class could F*** Off. I personally think that is rude and narrowminded of you. Not everyone wants to play as sith/jedi. In fact a great deal of players don't play as sith/jedi.

Even though SWTOR have lost subscribers, I'm sure they've made tons of cash to make up for the cost of making the game and after F2P launched they've earned tons more. Hell the Cartel Market must be a great cashflow. I know I've spent enough $ there for a good amount of what a monthly sub would cost.
Hello,

Thanks for the post. Before I go on, I'm a subscriber and I've already bought Makeb. So I definitely support the game and I'm glad of all the stories that it has. I'm an altaholic and intend to experience all of the class stories. So I get what you're saying about people not being able to experience the Trooper story etc.

What I meant with my OP is that with an MMO, it's hard to make game changing decisions. You choose what you think are pretty impactful choices in the game but most of the time they seem to be forgotten. With an RPG you'd have much more scope to craft a game where if you acted good or bad people would change their reactions and feelings to you accordingly.

I agree that the game would be smaller in scope. I think though that a lot of the current class stories in the current game could've formed character quests ie I was imagining a game where you had no incidental planetside quests - just class story, companion story and planet story (athough in a RPG the planet story probably be contained in the other quests). And of course in KOTOR and Dragon Age Origins you can switch and play your companion as a main re movement and combat.

I do agree that you would lose something from that though. It's nice to play a smuggler feeling it's you against the galaxy. Rather than supporting the main character.

Anyway, this is all academic. I'm really glad we have the game that we have I just wish that the story choices that you have could've been more impactful in the game