View Single Post

sang
12.29.2012 , 12:40 PM | #30
As many have said before, LI is the fastest HM FP when done with a good group and the easiest way to get the 5 BH comms from the GF daily. My guild solely runs LI HM for our GF daily multiple times a day (most of us have at least two 50s in at least 61+ gear). The big problem I see, as many have mentioned, is inexperienced or vastly undergeared players.

LI HM can absolutely be completed in columi if the group actually full knows and understands the mechanics of the fights. Part of the problem is that there are so many people who have gone into LI HM and have been carried through. When my guild runs 3 person GF q's we usually have a tank, dps, and healer. On more than one occasion, the second "random" dps would die during the first two bosses. Instead, of wiping and waiting for them, we usually just continue on and kill the boss ourselves. Even if the 4th or 3rd member of our group isn't that bad, there is often quite a bit going on that we as a partial guild group are taking care of.

Most of the time I try to be nice and help explain mechanics and stuff to people, but sometimes you can't cure stupid/bad. Yesterday, as an example, I was tanking LI HM on my Jugg alt (full 61s augmented) and was put into a LI already in progress on the second boss. I get in, make sure everyone knows the mechanics, which pipe console they are going to, etc. I then pull the boss and within a matter of minutes proceed to die. Three pulls later and it is quite apparent our healer is terrible. I talk to him about it to help his rotation (my first main was an op healer), but he still keeps failing. Upon closer inspection, I realize he is in full war hero with some elite war hero gear. I make the comment that this might be easier if he was in PvE gear, but he then responds by telling me I'm stupid and why would he want a few extra stats when he could get the player healing bonus provided by expertise. I almost facepalmed in disbelief of the stupidity. I tried to explain that's not how expertise worked, but he wouldn't hear any of it. Perhaps the worst part of all this is that LI HM can be healed in WH with partial EWH pieces if the healer is actually good. Unfortunately, this guy was both bad and dumb.
Twitch Stream YouTube VoDs

Sanglol - Sangpt - Sangsin - Sangptz - Sangzrd - Sangzly - Sangmerc - Sanglul - Sangadow - Sangrawr - Sangocity