View Single Post

Master-Nala
12.29.2012 , 10:43 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
Its not so much that anything is wrong with it, in a vacuum it is a good story and would make a fine stand alone RPG imo.

The problem is compared to the other stories (well, compared to five of them anyways, the SI and BH are on the same level as the JC) it falls flat. It is the 7th best story, only beating out the SI story.

The top three, IA, JK, and SW are far and away superior to the rest. And then the middle two, Smuggler and Trooper are quite a bit better than the bottom three.
I agree the Sith Warrior story and the JK story are pretty epic. Your character's motivations are clear and sensible.

The IA story is mind-boggling to me. It's one of the worst spy stories I've ever experienced. The IA, more than most Imperial citizens knows that the Sith Empire is unworthy of saving and yet, over and over again you work in their interests. I'm almost done and it does appear that you get an out in the end, but my Chiss IA would have got out of dodge after Act I and tried hard to get the Chiss Ascendency to join the Republic. I look at the IA story and compare it to movies like Skyfall. There although Bond is sorta 'betrayed', you can understand why he is OK with it and why he comes back. You can also understand why the villain in that movie is both wrong, but sympathetic.

When I got to Act III with the IA and finished Belsavis, I nearly stopped right there, but the desire to complete my legacy powers drives me on. It blows my mind that people really like:

Spoiler

But the Children of the Emperor storyline is somehow unworthy. I don't know, I guess I'm looking at this from a literary sense. I'm starting to think, it's not the story that bother people, it's the role. The story holds up as a narrative better than most of the others. But I think people just didn't like what the JC was expected to do. Nevermind that it fits the lore and class to a tee. But to say that the JC story is poorly written and the IA is well-written just makes me go: ---->
Below this is my referral link. If you press it you get free stuff and I get free stuff. This makes you, me....and Bioware happy, but don't let that stop you!
Referral Link---> http://www.swtor.com/r/fDdy48 <---Referral Link