View Single Post

Ranadiel_Marius
12.29.2012 , 08:47 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
As to the information in your spoiler:

Spoiler
Spoiler

Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
I don't find that to be a particularly compelling critique either. All the masters have done terrible things. Half of them ask you to kill them. Yoda wanted Obi-Wan to kill Anakin, and when he wimped out, he wanted Luke to do it. It's not necessarily problematic to kill the masters. It's just not the best outcome.
This wasn't a problem that I personally encountered, but I will continue the discussion. The only reason your character is sent into these situations was because he has the shielding technique and therefore can solve the situation without killing them. A DS JC then proceeds to kill off 5 masters, one jedi, and some large number of other jedi off screen.....and then gets rewarded with one of the most prestigious titles in the Jedi Order. A DS JC kills off more Jedi than the SI and yet he gets rewarded for doing a good job. There is a just a disconnect there that can be kind of hard to deal with. A DS JK at least is denied being made a Master in the storyline if he is DS(even if they get the title anyways).
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)