View Single Post

Beniboybling
12.29.2012 , 06:27 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by StarSquirrel View Post
Ventress... I don't think she will kill MtU. First, she has to get through an army of Mandos all foaming at the mouth for a chance to take her on. If she manages that, she'll be worn out and MtU is no slouch in his Beskar armor. Meanwhile, Fett can still make command decisions for the fleet. Heck MtU could even be killed and Fett would just take command and finish it, blasting Grievous's command ship apart. I feel like these allies present a case of Mutually Assured Destruction.

As for the traps, yeah there's no way around it. Like we've both stated, it'll come down to Grievous's trap in every scenario.

My opinion
Spoiler

I say whoever gets the advantage leaving that engagement will win the Kaggath.
Just to clarify, when the opponent is killed, the other wins. The allies can't take their place, so if either Grievous or MtU is killed the Kaggath is over.

This is actually an important factor, I'm not sure of MtU has the manpower to kill Grievous. Every time he springs a trap Grievous will escape (and remember Grievous can afford not to be on the front lines in every engagement), and MtU simply cannot afford to sleep setting traps with Grievous whittling away at his forces in every one. While Grievous can simply replace lost forces. Neither can MtU afford multiple strikes. While Grievous can attack him on multiple fronts, and on the ground. However he does have a tactical advantage in space as he will no doubt employ guerrilla tactics. If I where Grievous I'd force MtU into a ground engagement, where Grievous has a big advantage. Grievous has numerous bases across the galaxy which no doubt have planetary shields (or at least they can be installed). So Grievous holes himself up on say Cato Nemoidia or Murkana, blockades the planet and waits for MtU to attack, while striking at his forces with his fleets etc.

Or a more likely scenario is that Grievous finds where MtU is striking from (Dxun) and launches an invasion, checkmate.